Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lascari's delivery boy

I do not want to rant all of the time, but today seemed like the heat made the crazy people two times more crazy than usual. I was driving home from work and a delivery boy cut me off in his truck. I'm thinking to myself, "Wow, he really wants to get this food to his customers on time... even at the risk of hitting me." So I follow him around a turn and the "silly" kid forgot to lock his storage unit on the side of the truck and almost lost the food in. I pull up aside him to be nice and let him know. He looks at me weird, says "huh" and I shake my head at him and repeated myself. He understands what I said this time, gets out of the truck and runs to the opposite side of the truck to close the door. You would think that he would be able to handle this, except he puts the truck in "reverse" instead of park. The truck starts to not only roll backwards because we are on a hill, but pick up some speed. Yes, I sat in my car the hold time and watched. (He should not have cut me off). He runs back around, lays on the horn and gets the truck into park. Runs back around to lock the side and he gets back into the truck, drives forward and tells me thanks and drives away. He should not be taking me but someone else that he didn't hit anyone in the process of his truck driving its self backwards.

No comments: