Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Annoyed With Stupid People

If you follow me on twitter, you might have seen a conversation between @stephengillett and myself. Because I know that I would be wasting my breathe continuing any further conversation with this guy I decided to post my last tweet to this guy here. For the record I don't have a problem with this guy, but I do with the company he works for: Starbucks. I know that there are a lot of people that are coffee drinkers out there and probably half of you go to Starbucks for your fix. I do ask you to at least look into what they really do. I'm not trying to get you to move on to different shop because I am in support of them, but there are way better coffee shops out there that are actually trying to do good in the world. They understand that there is more to a business than just being out there for profit.

Now... "The unsent tweet." (Not just because it exceeded the 140 characters; thank developers for twit longer)

stephengillett (@ left out on purpose) I only can speak for myself, but there are more deserving companies out there for this award [Starbucks as 2010 Mobile Marketer of the Year]. Hell, the year isn't even over yet. Your company mission statement says it all: "to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time." One neighborhood really translates to one street corner. In America, we already have an addicting market on every street corner; it’s called a liquor store. Instead of trying to solve one of the nation's most addiction problem, you choice to profit from it. How about advertising for a cause your company supports rather than plastering your logo anywhere and anywhere. But then again, I haven't seen one of these "mobile advertising" or maybe my moral inner child has turned a blind eye to them. Either way, I think that you should look long and hard into the mirror ask yourself if you are truly okay with what you being paid to do.

1 comment:

KLZ said...

Starbucks does seem an odd choice for this award. Sorry I missed the twitter exchange.